What is Barcelona Card?
The Barcelona Card (also known as Barcelona tourist card, Barcelona discount card or Barcelona travel card) is the official tourist pass of Barcelona. It looks like a credit card, is incredibly easy to purchase and helps travellers save time and money during their holiday.
Holders of the Barcelona Card enjoy unlimited free travel by public transport, free entry to Barcelona’s best museums, 70+ deals and discounts on visits, tours, entertainment, shopping, dining and nightlife.
Not only does this coveted card get you through the door to great Barcelona attractions, it can also help you skip the queues entirely at many of Barcelona’s most popular sights – saving valuable time on a tightly packed trip.
Enjoy your holidays in Barcelona with the best attractions, museums, unlimited public transport, and the best discounts. Make sure you enjoy Barcelona to the maximum visiting the most valued experiences that you can find in the city.
What’s included in Barcelona Card?
- Free entrance to attractions, sights, museums and other places without the need of waiting in the lines.
- More than 80 different discounts for all the important shows and more.
- Exclusive discounts in more than 80 shops in Barcelona
- Unlimited public transport free rides
- Audioguide for the city in 6 languages (English, Catalan, Spanish, French, German and Italian)
- Airport Transport (metro, train and bus)
What are the top attractions included in Barcelona Card?
With Barcelona Card you can see the best of Gaudí at La Pedrera and the Casa Batlló with a discount, visit the Picasso Museum for free, enjoy yourself with your kids on the Golondrinas pleasure boats and at Barcelona Zoo, or discover the wonders of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya and other museums. You’ll be able to do all this and much, much more, free or at a reduced price, with the Barcelona City Card.
With just one card you’ll be able to travel free on the metro, buses, Catalan railways (FGC), trams and even on the airport train and metro. You’ll save time and money as you can also take advantage of free admission to, or discounts at, Barcelona’s most important museums and many places of interest, leisure attractions, on visits and tours, entertainments, unique means of transport and other services.
Discounts you can get with Barcelona Card
With the Barcelona Card you’ll enjoy of more than 70 savings at Barcelona’s visitor attractions and popular sights. You’ll get up to 50% discount at museums, cultural and leisure attractions, shops, restaurants, night clubs, on unique means of transport and other services .
To obtain the discounts, show your Barcelona Card – validated with the start date – at the entrance or ticket office of the featured attraction or service.
What’s included – the complete list
How does Barcelona Card work?
After you get your Barcelona Card from one of the pick-up locations, it’s ready to use out-of-the-box.
Barcelona Card is a smart card with an NFC chip. It is activated for the first time you use it:
- If you use it on a public transport, or
- If you present it while visiting one of many included attractions.
The validity of the card starts since the time you activated it.
It’s good to keep in mind Barcelona Card is always valid for consecutive days since the first validation – if you have card for 72 hours (3 days) and you validated it on Monday, it will expire on Wednesday.
But the validity is always counted in hours. So even if you validate the card for the first time just before midnight, it still means you have 72 hours to use it properly. (If the validity would be in business days, the people who use it later in the day would get less value from it than the one who used it early in the morning for the first time).
How much is Barcelona Card?
The price for the card depends on the validity. Barcelona Card can be purchased for 3, 4 or 5 consecutive days.
The more days it is valid, the more expensive it gets.
Here’s detailed pricing for each of the options:
- 72 hours / 3 days
- Adults: €53,00
- Children 4–12 yo: €30,00
- Under 4 years: Free
- 96 hours / 4 days
- Adults: €63.00
- Children 4–12 yo: €40.00
- Under 4 years: Free
- 120 hours / 5 days
- Adults: €75.00
- Children 4–12 yo: €45
- Under 4 years: Free
As you can see, there are basically 3 tiers for each of the options: adult, children and free.
And for the little ones, aged 4 to 12, there’s the Barcelona Card kids, which gives you all the advantages of the Barcelona Card for a similar price than a travel pass.
How much you can save with Barcelona Card? A sample calculation
In all, the card boasts over €320 in savings for those dedicated travelers who really work it.
Reviews from people who bought Barcelona Card
“The Barcelona Card is a good deal if you go to 1 or 2 of the included museums each day. And Barcelona has really cool museums, so this should be pretty easy.” – Nicole
Should I get a Barcelona Card? Read my recommendation
Barcelona Card is great for anyone who’s coming to the Barcelona for the first time.
It offers a great mix of free travel, free admissions a discounts.
If you’d like to ‘experience ‘taste’ the very best from the city and not stress about anything, go for it. It’s a great deal.
If you’re more into something specific like museums, art, science, or coming to the city with the kids, try one of the listed options.
Frequently asked questions
- How to buy Barcelona Card?
- Is it worth getting a Barcelona Card?
- How does Barcelona Card work and how to use it?
- What does the Barcelona Card cost?
- What is included in Barcelona Card?
- Where to pick up the Barcelona Card?
- Can I buy Barcelona Card at the airport?
- Can I collect Barcelona Card at the airport?
- Can I use Barcelona Card on the bus from/to the airport?
- Can you travel with Barcelona Card on the metro from/to the airport?
- Can I use Barcelona Card for metro?
- Is Barcelona Card valid on the aerobus in Barcelona?
- Is Sagrada Familia included in Barcelona Card?
- Is Picasso Museum included in Barcelona Card?
- Is park Güell included in Barcelona Card?
- Is Camp Nou included in Barcelona Card?
- Is Casa Milà included in Barcelona Card?
- Does Barcelona Card include Casa Batlló?
- Does Barcelona Card include the Cathedral?
- How much is Barcelona Card?
- Can 2 people use 1 Barcelona Card?
- Is tourist bus (bus turistic) included in Barcelona Card?
- I’m into Antoni Gaudi. Is there a bundle or card for it?
- How to get Barcelona Card with a discount?
- Is the Barcelona Card valid for a train journey to Montserrat
Barcelona Card options
Tip: Are you coming with a family? Check out Barcelona Card Family.