Running in Barcelona is a great experience for any runner, due to its stunning architecture, mild climate and easy access to great running routes. The city provides plenty of opportunities for running, from flat coastal routes to hillier trails in the nearby mountains.
Why people like running in Barcelona city?
- Variety of running routes: Barcelona offers a variety of running routes, from flat coastal routes to challenging hill trails in the nearby mountains like Montserrat. With such a diverse range of options, runners of all levels can find something to suit their needs.
- Stunning architecture: Barcelona is a beautiful city, full of incredible architecture and stunning views. Running in Barcelona is a great way to take in the city’s beauty while also getting in a good workout.
- Mild Climate: Barcelona has a mild climate, with temperatures rarely getting below 10°C, making it ideal for running year-round.
- Easy Access: Barcelona is a very accessible city, and running routes are easy to find and get to. Many of the city’s parks and streets are designed with runners in mind, making it easy to get out and start running.
- Great for Sightseeing: Running in Barcelona is a great way to explore the city. Not only will you get in a good workout, you’ll also get to take in some of the best sights in the city.
Thinking about bringing running shoes with you to Barcelona?
Here are five of the best places to go running in Barcelona.
Running tip#1: Parc de la Ciutadella
Located in the heart of Barcelona, this large park has plenty of running paths, as well as plenty of other activities, such as boating, playing in the playground, or just relaxing in the beautiful gardens. There’s also a lake in the center of the park, which makes it a perfect place for an easy jog or a more challenging interval training session.
Running tip #2: Montjuïc Mountain
This mountain offers a great variety of running trails, some with spectacular views of the city below. There are trails for all levels, and the ones at the top of the mountain are particularly challenging, so you can get in a good workout. Plus, you’ll get to take in some of the best views of Barcelona.
Running tip #3: Port Olímpic
The Olympic Port of Barcelona provides a great place to run. Its flat and wide promenade along the coast, providing a nice and easy route for a jog. Plus, you’ll get to see some of the most beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea, with plenty of restaurants and cafes along the way.
Running tip #4: Passeig de Gràcia
The Passeig de Gràcia is one of the major streets in Barcelona, and it is a great place to go for a run. It is a long, straight street with plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants, so you can take a break if you need to. It’s also a nice place to run at night, as the street is well-lit and there are plenty of people around.
Running tip#5: Parc de Collserola
The Parc de Collserola is a great place for a longer run. It is located on the outskirts of Barcelona, and it is full of trails, so you can explore the park and get in a good workout. You’ll also get to take in some of the beautiful views of the city from the top of the hills.
With so many great running spots in Barcelona, you’ll never get bored. Whether you’re looking for a flat coastal route, an easy stroll in a park, or a challenging hill run, Barcelona has it all. So grab your running shoes and explore the city on foot!