Are you considering a trip to Barcelona in July? Here’s what you need to know about the weather, average temperatures, and what to expect during your visit. Is July a good time to visit Barcelona? How hot is Barcelona in July? What should you pack and wear? Read on to find out.
Barcelona in July
In July, Barcelona’s weather is hot and sunny, with average temperatures around 27-30 degrees Celsius (mid to upper 80s Fahrenheit). The city is at its busiest during this time, so be prepared for crowds. The sea temperature is also warm, making it a great time to enjoy the city’s beaches. It’s important to pack light, breathable clothing, as well as sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun. There are several indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy in July, including museums, festivals, and the city’s vibrant nightlife. Some interesting events in July include the Barcelona Sports Festival and the Barcelona Medieval Festival.
What’s the weather like in July?
The average temperature in Barcelona in July is around 27-30 degrees Celsius (81-86 degrees Fahrenheit). It can vary from day to day, but you can expect hot weather for the most part. There is a possibility of rain, so it’s a good idea to be prepared for wet conditions.
The sea temperature in July is around 27 degrees Celsius (81 degrees Fahrenheit), which is warm and perfect for swimming. Go and enjoy it!
What to wear in Barcelona in July?
In July, it’s important to pack light, breathable clothing and a light raincoat or umbrella in case of rain. The average temperature is around 27-30 degrees Celsius (81-86 degrees Fahrenheit), so it can be very hot during the day. Comfortable, breathable clothing is recommended.
Here are a few suggestions for what to wear in July in Barcelona:
- Light, breathable clothing such as shorts, t-shirts, and sundresses
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Sunhat and sunglasses for sunny days
- Bathing suit and towel for beach trips
- Comfortable sandals or flip-flops for the beach
- Lightweight layers that can be added or removed as needed
- Formal clothing for special occasions or upscale restaurants
- Walking shoes or hiking boots for outdoor activities and sightseeing
What to do in Barcelona in July?
If you’re visiting Barcelona this month and you’re not sure what to do, here’s a list of of attractions and events for your inspiration.
- Visit beaches: The weather in July is warm and sunny, making it the perfect time to visit the city’s beaches and enjoy the Mediterranean climate. You should see Barceloneta Beach, Nova Icaria Beach, or Sant Sebastià Beach.
- Attend a concert or event: Many concerts and events are held in the city in July, including the Barcelona International Jazz Festival and the Sónar music festival.
- Go to a museum or gallery: The city’s museums and galleries are open throughout the summer, offering a range of exhibits.
- Visit one of the city’s many museums and art galleries, such as the Museu Picasso, the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, or the Fundació Joan Miró.
- Try some of the city’s famous dishes, such as paella, tapas, and sangria. Barcelona is known for its delicious cuisine, and July is a great time to sample some of the local specialties.
- Visit the Sagrada Família, one of the city’s most iconic landmarks and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Is July a good time for visiting Barcelona?
July is an awesome time to visit Barcelona! The weather is warm and sunny, so it’s the perfect time to check out the city’s parks and outdoor spaces. Plus, there are tons of festivals and events happening all month long. No matter what you’re into, there’s something for everyone in Barcelona during July.
Are you flexible with your time in Barcelona? Learn more about weather and temperatures in the city for other months:
- January in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- February in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- March in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- April in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- May in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- June in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- July in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures (this page)
- August in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- September in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- October in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- November in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- December in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures