Are you considering a trip to Barcelona in March? Here’s what you need to know about the weather, average temperatures, and what to expect during your visit. Will it be hot or cold? Is March a good time to visit Barcelona? Can you enjoy the city’s beaches? What should you pack? Read on to find out.
Barcelona in March
In March, Barcelona’s weather starts to warm up, with average temperatures around 16-18 degrees Celsius (low to mid-60s Fahrenheit). The city starts to become more crowded as the peak tourist season approaches, but it’s still a great time to visit. The sea temperature is also warming up, making it a good time to enjoy the city’s beaches. It’s important to pack layers, including a jacket or sweater for the cooler evenings and a light raincoat or umbrella in case of rain. There are several indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy in March, including museums, festivals, and the city’s vibrant nightlife. Some interesting events in March include the Barcelona Fashion Week and the Barcelona Beer Festival.
What’s the weather like in March?
The average temperature in Barcelona in March is around 16-18 degrees Celsius (61-64 degrees Fahrenheit). It can vary from day to day, but you can expect cool to mild weather for the most part. There is a possibility of rain, so it’s a good idea to be prepared for wet conditions.
The sea temperature in March is around 17 degrees Celsius (63 degrees Fahrenheit), which is starting to warm up. While it’s not warm enough for swimming, you can still enjoy the city’s many beaches and take a walk along the water.
What to wear in Barcelona in March?
In March, the weather in Barcelona can vary, with temperatures ranging from cool to mild. To be prepared for any type of weather, it is a good idea to bring a mix of warm and cool weather clothes.
Here are a few suggestions for what to wear in March in Barcelona:
- Light jacket or sweater: The weather in March can be cool, especially in the evenings, so a light jacket or sweater is a good idea to bring along.
- Long pants: March is not as warm as the summer months, so long pants are a good choice to keep your legs warm.
- Comfortable shoes: You will likely do a lot of walking during your visit to Barcelona, so it is important to bring comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella: March can be a rainy month in Barcelona, so an umbrella is a good thing to bring along in case of rain.
- Scarf: A scarf is a versatile accessory that can help keep you warm and add a touch of style to your outfit.
- Layered clothing: The weather in March can be unpredictable, so it is a good idea to bring layered clothing that you can easily add or remove as needed. This will allow you to stay comfortable and adjust to changes in the weather.
What to do in Barcelona in March?
If you’re visiting Barcelona this month and you’re not sure what to do, here’s a list of of attractions and events for your inspiration.
- Attend a festival: Many festivals and events take place in the city in March, including the Barcelona International Jazz Festival and the Barcelona Beer Festival.
- Visit the beach: The city’s beaches can be a great place to visit in the spring, when the weather starts to warm up.
- Go shopping: The city’s shops and malls are full of spring fashion and other seasonal items in March, making it a great time to shop.
- March is also a good time to visit indoor and outdoor attractions in Barcelona. Some popular activities in the city include: visiting the Sagrada Familia, exploring the Gothic Quarter, visiting the Picasso Museum, walking in the city’s beautiful parks and gardens, and visiting the beach (although the water will still be too cold for swimming).
Should you visit Barcelona in March? Is it a good time?
I think it’s a great idea! Overall, March is a good time to visit Barcelona if you are looking for mild weather and fewer crowds. The weather may not be ideal for beach visits, but there are still plenty of things to do and see in the city. By packing appropriately and planning your itinerary, you can enjoy a fun and memorable short trip to Barcelona in March.
Are you flexible with your time in Barcelona? Learn more about weather and temperatures in the city for other months:
- January in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- February in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- March in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures (this page)
- April in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- May in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- June in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- July in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- August in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- September in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- October in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- November in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures
- December in Barcelona: Weather and temperatures