Barcelona Card Express is the new name of the 48-hour Barcelona Card. Holders of this card get discounts at many of Barcelona’s most famous attractions and free transportation in Barcelona.
The Barcelona Card is easily the best way to enjoy all the sights that Barcelona has to offer without spending your entire vacation budget on tickets or standing in queues at the popular attractions.
What discounts does the Barcelona Express Card offer?
The Barcelona Card Express offers the same discounts as the standard 72/96/120-hour Barcelona Card:
- Transport: holders of this pass can make use of Barcelona’s extensive public transport network for free. The Airport Train is also free of charge.
- Attractions: The Barcelona Express Card offers dramatic discounts to over 100 of the most popular attractions in the city, including the Sagrada Família, Casa Batlló, Casa Mila and Casa Museu Gaudí.
- Tours: It also includes discounts for tours like the Barcelona Ciclotour (bicycle tours), shows like the Flamenco Barcelona, restaurants, and nightlife.
- Other discounts: In addition to the attraction discounts, the Barcelona Express Card can be used for discounts on locker rental, and alternate transportation rental. You can use your card to get discounts on bike, scooter, jet ski , and boat rentals to help you explore Barcelona.
Barcelona Card Express vs Barcelona Card
What are the main differences between the Barcelona Express Card and the classic Barcelona Card? The main differences include:
- Shorter Duration: Classic Barcelona Cards can be purchased for 3, 4, or 5 days, while the Barcelona Express Card only offers its discounts for 2 days.
- Discounts vs. Free Entry: The classic Barcelona Card, due to its cost, is able to offer free entry to a few of the attractions in the city. The Barcelona Express Card, on the other hand, is less expensive but offers only discounts instead of free entry.
- One Flat Price: When purchasing a classic Barcelona Card, you have a variety of options and prices to choose from. With the Barcelona Express Card, you only have to worry about one flat price.
How long is this card valid?
The card is valid for 48 hours from the moment of activation.
Overall, whether you’re coming to Barcelona for a day, a few days, or a week, the Barcelona City Cards are the best value to help you see all the amazing sights of Barcelona without spending too much time in queues or too much money on tickets.
If your stay in the city is extended, the classic Barcelona City Card will be your best bet, but if you’re only going to be able to spend a day or two in this beautiful city, then invest in a Barcelona Express Card and enjoy two days of fun, food, art and culture before you travel onward.
Make sure you spend two days in Barcelona with unlimited possibilities.
More than 100 discounts in museums and interesting places of Barcelona, visits and tours, entertainment, nightlife, shopping, restaurants, unique public transports, and other more.
2 free days of Public transport: Barcelona Metro and the Urban Buses, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat of Barcelona, tramways, airport train, and all the suburban trains of the city.